Simply put, Biblically Speaking is blog about viewing the world/culture/our lives with a biblical worldview.
For the Christian, I hope it will help you think more biblically about your own actions and the events taking place in our culture - conforming us more into the image of Jesus. For the non-Christian, I hope it will point you to your need for salvation and illustrate that Jesus is the answer to everyone's sin problem. I pray it allows all of us to understand what it means to see the world through the eyes of Scripture.
The first several posts will briefly (and I emphasis briefly) take us through a few "Foundations of a Biblical Worldview." These will cover the areas of the Bible, God, mankind, Jesus, and salvation. A sort of condensed version of a systematic theology class, if you will. (If anyone would like to investigate theology more in depth please buy a good Christian theology book like "Systematic Theology" by Wayne Grudem or "A Theology for the Church" edited by Daniel Akin.)
Next, given what we see in Scripture, we will begin examining our own lives and the things around us in media, current events, government, etc. through the lenses of what the Bible says. One week we may cover a news topic. The next we my look at a hot button issue in our culture. Then we may take a popular song or movie to see what is glorifying or detrimental to the worship of God. The discussion may make you mad or happy. You may not like what I say, but I want to be honest and faithful to rightly divide the holy Word of God.
So what areas or topics would you like to discuss? What questions do you have about God or the Bible? Leave them in the comments sections and I will try my best to address them.
Thank you for your interest. Think, enjoy, and be encouraged!!
No comments:
Post a Comment